If you are an admin of any Facebook group you are eligible to pin any post as a Feature in your group.
But if you are only a member of the Facebook group you can not pin anything to the group. But you can add a Pinned Post to your Facebook profile.
What is pinned post in Facebook group?
The pinned posts are the important topics that are kept at the top of the group so that it doesn’t fall under other posts. This is an important feature of Facebook group with many advantages.
The best suggestion I can provide for only group members is to create an excellent post or persuade the group admin to make your post Pinned or as Featured on the Facebook Group.
I have a piece of exciting news for all the admins of various groups that from now on you can add multiple posts as your feature where you may include trending topics, existing discounts, group rules and regulations and anything else you count.
Remember any post can be pinned only after posting it in the group
How to pin a post in facebook group from mobile
Pinned or Featured post can be added from your mobile or desktop both. Here we have shown how you can pin a post in your Facebook group.
81.8% out of 2.33 billion Facebook users access Facebook only through a mobile phone. So number of users in mobile is much higher.
Here are the guidelines about how to pin a post in Facebook group from mobile.
Step 1. Go to your Facebook group.
Step 2. Create a new post or select an earlier post.
Step 3. Tap on “3 dots” at the top right corner of your post.
Step 4. Select “Mark as announcement” or “Pin to featured”.
There you go. Your post has been successfully added to the Featured section at the top of the group.
It will be shown like this under the Featured option of your group.
How to pin a post in Facebook group from desktop.
Here are the simple steps to follow to pin a post in facebook group.
Step 1. Go to your Facebook group.
Step 2. Create a new post or select a previous post to add as “Feature”.
Step 3. Click on “3 dots” at the top right corner of your post.
Step 4. Click on “Mark as announcement” or “Pin to Featured”.
Congratulations you have already added a “Featured” as you wanted.
Generating leads from Facebook groups is now easy with Groupboss.
How to unpin a post form Featured post:
Once you have pinned a post in your facebook group, you can also unpin the post. Group members generally unpin a post for the following reasons.
- If the number of pinned post number is comparatively higher.
- Once the requirement of the pinned post is finished.
- If the post is kept pinned for a specific time period. For example, group admin has kept the welcome post for two days.
Let’s see the simple steps to unpin a facebook group post.
Step 1. Click or Tap on 3 dots of the top right corner of the pinned post available in the Featured section.
Step 2: Select “Unpin”.
Your selected post is no longer in your featured section.
Advantages of Featured or Pinned Post
A user of Facebook can join up to 6000 groups. Being an admin or moderator who doesn’t want to see his/her group is outshining other groups. Here I have some tips for you with Pinned post/Featured.
- With a pinned post you can show the important content to your facebook group members.
- Welcome posts can sometimes improve the involvement of newly joined members. You may make the welcome post as a pinned post or Featured for a week. Are you concerned about writing a welcome post? No worries, we have a complete guideline with samples about Facebook group welcome post.
- Group members can get a clear idea about rules and regulations at very outset of scrolling the group post if "RULES" are set as Featured or Pinned Post. It will keep your group hygiene for sure. Here are some noteworthy guidelines for setting facebook group rules.
- If you believe you have a foremost information to share with your group members certainly choosing Featured or Pinning the post is the best possible option.
- For any upcoming event for the group members you can simply set a reminder post as Featured or Pinned post.