Facebook group can be a great place to build a community of like-minded people. Many business owners are creating a Facebook group to handle their businesses. To create a community on Facebook, you need to filter the members who are sending joining requests. Asking questions to them can be a great way to filter them.
Remember, you should think about quality, not quantity. It doesn’t mean that the members who are sending join requests are unqualified. Here, the qualification means whether the member falls under your desired criteria of the target audience or not. For this, you need to set questions for the new members of your group. When a new member tries to join your Facebook group, he/she needs to answer the questions.
How to set questions:
It was quite challenging to find the option to set questions in your Facebook group in the old version/classical version. But it’s straightforward in the case of the new version of Facebook. You need minimal effort to find the option of setting questions.
Three steps to set questions from the desktop
1. Go to your Facebook Group and click on ‘Membership Question.’
2. Now add questions. Remember you can add up to 3 questions
3. For the answers to the questions, you can set different options as shown in the following screenshot. Based on the type of question, you should select the answer space.
Set Questions from Facebook mobile app
1. Go to your Facebook group and click on the top right corner, and you will find the option ‘Membership questions.’
2. Tap on the Membership question to set your questions for the new members
3. Choose the answer format from the three options while setting the questions
Do you want to collect the answers to the questions, including emails?
When an admin/moderator approves a member into the group, the answers to the questions get lost as Facebook does not store them. You need to copy-paste those answers in a spreadsheet manually. Then you can store the emails in the autoresponders using tools like Zapier.
If you want to do all these works with a single click only, you can use a tool like Groupboss.
Groupboss is Facebook group automation software consisting of chrome extension and dashboard. As an admin/moderator, you will be able to collect the answers to the questions that you have already set for your new members, provided that the new member has answered your questions. Also, you will be able to collect the FB ID link. it also sends emails to your autoresponders like Mailchimp, Lemlist,Snov.io, GetResponse Activecampaign, Convertkit, SendFox, Moosend, Mailerlite, Automizy, Sendgrid, Sendinblue, Klaviyo, and many more integrations will be added soon.
- Try to set the question based on your based on your target niche. For example, if you have created your group for the doctors only, you can set questions like “ Are you a doctor? Or What is your specialization?”
- You can also ask the members why they want to join your group or what value they will be able to provide to the members of your group.
- In any of the questions, you can ask for the email address to remain connected with the members outside Facebook. You can also send important notifications or newsletters to the members using different email autoresponder.